If you’re not yet monitoring essential Hardware Lifecycle Milestone dates, this ALERT provides a quick-glance review of popular OEM models that have reached (or about to reach) End of Software Support (EoSW) or End of Support (EoS). For these hardware asset models, it no longer makes financial sense to rely on expensive OEM support – but instead, should move to independent (Third Party Maintenance) support.
The EoSW and EoS dates help you easily identify when there are no remaining logical reasons to keep these assets within an OEM maintenance agreement. There is simply no way to justify the added expense. We will share this kind of alert quarterly via our blogs, so be sure to follow XSi at LinkedIn.
Popular OEM Models that Have Reached (or About to Reach) EoSW or EoS:
- Cisco Catalyst 2960
- Cisco Catalyst 2918
- Juniper EX3200
- Juniper SRX210 & SRX240
- Juniper ISG1000 & ISG2000
- Juniper SSG-320M, SSG-350M, SSG-520M, SSG-550M, SSG-5, SSG-20
- Juniper (M & MX) Series: PMR-960, PMR-MX480, Etc.
- Juniper EX8200, EX4500, EX6200, EX3200
- Brocade 5100 & 5300
- Brocade FastIron SX
- Brocade MLX/SMR Series
- Brocade NetIron MLX, MLXe, XMR
- F5 BIG-IP 800
- F5 BIG-IP 2000 & 2200s
- F5 BIG-IP 4000 & 4200v’s
- F5 BIG-IP 5000, 5050, 5200v, 5250V
- F5 BIG-IP 6900, 7000, 7050, 7200v, 7250v
- F5 BIG-IP 10000, 10050, 10200v
- F5 BIG-IP 11000, 11050
- Riverbed Steelhead CXA 255, CXA-555, CXA-570
- Riverbed Steelhead CXA-755, CXA-1555
- Riverbed Steelhead CXA-3070, CXA-5055
- Riverbed Steelhead Appliance EXA-560, EXA-760, EXA -1160, EXA-1260
- Riverbed Interceptor 9350 Appliance
- EMC CLARiiON AX4
- EMC Data Domain DD160, DD620, DD640, DD670, DD990
- EMC Isilon X400
- EMC Symmetrix VMAX 20K
- EMC VNX5100, VNX 5150, VNX 5300, VNX5500, VNX5700, VNX7500
- EMC VNX-F5000, VNX-F7000
- EMC VNXe3150, VNXe3300
- NetApp Filer FAS22220, FAS2240-2, FAS2240-4
- NetApp Filer FAS3220, FAS3250
- NetApp Filer FAS6220, FAS6250, FAS6290
None worthy of mention
While Q4 may be a busy period, our company can help you easily transition your EoSW and EoS assets to less expensive hardware support, without disruption or much extra effort. Give us a call!
New Service Announcement – XSi Cisco Lifecycle & Asset Assurance
In September 2019, we formally announced a new service: “Cisco Lifecycle & Asset Assurance.” If you’re looking for a better IT maintenance solution (consider Cisco entitlement compliance) and missed the announcement, we welcome you to read our Newsletter, XSi Team News & Gartner Recognition, by Clicking Here.
Todd Bone, Founder & President, XS International
Todd founded XS International in 1990, helping to build an independent IT support organization led by pioneering executives with proven tenures at Cisco Systems and Juniper Networks. He holds a board of director positions with the world’s two most prominent associations for independent IT support providers – Service Industry Association (SIA) and ASCDI (hardware resellers). He was a founding member of the Digital Right to Repair Coalition (now known as Repair.org, and continues to serve on their Board of Directors. As a hobby, he also co-founded VinoApp, specifically for Argentine wines. Very much a serial entrepreneur, Todd earned his Bachelor’s in Finance from Ohio State University and later completed a three-year Entrepreneurial Masters Program, given by the Entrepreneurs' Organization & MIT Enterprise Forum. He resides in the greater Atlanta area with his family.